Home-Start South Yorkshire are STILL ACCEPTING referrals in SHEFFIELD . This is a copy of a recent email from our CEO, Cat Ross that has been sent to our previous referrers:
As you may be aware Home-Start South Yorkshire are no longer delivering in partnership with Sheffield City Council under the Best Start programme and this has meant that a number of the families that we work with have had to be referred back to organisations and departments such as yourselves.
However I want to be clear that we do still offer our Home Visiting service to families across Sheffield and I wanted to take the opportunity to write to you all as a valued referrer to Home-Start South Yorkshire and update you on the programmes of work that we are currently undertaking and the criteria for continuing to refer to our Home Visiting service.
Primarily our work will now fall under the following criteria
* Families with child/children up to 16 years of age that:
- have been impacted by domestic abuse (excluding cases where DA is still active)
- are being supported through social services, including those who may have children under social care plans
- have a parent with a disability or additional need such as mental health issues or addiction (excluding unaddressed addiction)
- are deemed vulnerable through social exclusion, such as families seeking asylum
- are in need of debt relief support/energy efficiency savings & advice (thanks to Energy People Trust)
* Families at risk of or currently affected by perinatal mental health issues, either:
- during pregnancy
- with child/children under 18 months
If you are unsure as to whether a family fits within our programmes of work, please refer them to us and we will make an assessment and inform you whether they have been accepted. If a referral cannot be accepted by us then we will do our best to signpost you and the family to other appropriate services.
The referral process continues to be through our online form which can be found at http://homestartsy.org.uk/referrers/form/
As the new CEO for Home-Start South Yorkshire, I have come into the organisation at a difficult funding time and a time where change is occurring at a rapid rate. I want to apologise for any miscommunication that you have received from other organisations in reference to our work and I hope that you continue to see Home-Start South Yorkshire as a valuable service for you and families that you are supporting.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and the team will be happy to help.