We are always looking for opportunities to publicise the invaluable work of Home-Start volunteers and ensure that our unique service can continue and expand in South Yorkshire
We have expertise in
- Supporting parents to build attachments with their babies and encouraging early learning
- Helping mothers with Post natal depression
- Recruiting and supporting volunteers
- Safeguarding children and multi agency working
Families’ stories are available from our office, simply contact Ellen.Summers@homestartsy.org.uk. Home-Start runs more services and has more volunteers supporting more families than any other family support charity in the UK. More information on our background and services is on the About us page.
Some of our families are happy to be photographed (see media policy below). We also have a range of generic, high quality photographs of families that we use for publicity.
We welcome media contact and our experts will make themselves available to speak on their specialist areas. Home-Start experts can be contacted on 0114 2788377.
- Tabitha Sutcliffe – Transition to Safe Independence: supporting mothers and children who have fled domestice abuse as they move from supported accomodation in a refuge to safe independent living.
- Karen Minors – Child Development: Responsible for delivering Parents as First Teachers: helping children meet their developmental milestones through monthly visits to help families be their child’s first teachers, through play (only project in the North of England.)
- Joanne Glen – Post Natal Depression: offering practical and emotional support to mums diagnosed with post natal depression, one to one home visiting and weekly group support.
- Sara McClean – Safeguarding and multi-agency working
Media Policy – Consent and Confidentiality
Home-Start Sheffield has a duty to protect both family and volunteer confidentiality. We cannot give out any information that will lead to the identification of a family or volunteer without their informed consent.
Consent is usually sought by the co-ordinator working with that family or volunteer as they have already established a relationship. The Manager or Senior Co-ordinator will be involved in this process and will provide the appropriate media consent forms for the family or volunteer to sign.
Our Press Releases and recent media coverage
PR Duchess of Cambridge, March 2015
PR Choir event, March 2015
PR Family Support Fund, March 2015
PR Training for Volunteers, March 2015
PR 1st Rotherham family, February 2015
PR Smoking ban, February 2015
Plusnet gifts, January 2015
PR food banks (2), December 2014
PR Volunteer at Xmas, December 2014
PR Lord Mayor tea 2014, November 2014
Snowflake appeal 2014 launch, October 2014
All Our Children – press release, Home-Start’s manifesto ‘We care about #allourchildren’ August 2014
PR Volunteers Week 2014, June 2014
First bus donation, Bus drivers in Sheffield donate to families, June 2014
PR post Walk 2014, The Stanage Stumble – A huge success!, May 2014
PR Walk 2014 (2), The Stanage Stumbe, May 2014
BHBF Press Release, New project encouraging school readiness in under 5’s, August 2013
Pampers – Home-Start Press Release, Pampers donating nappies to Home-Start families to mark the royal birth, July 2013
The Stanage Stumble Success, The Sheffield Star, 7th May 2013
Home-Start eases the pressures of parenting, The Sheffield Start 18th April 2013
Start budgeting and you can bank on less stress, The Sheffield Star, 13th December 2012
Julie Dore praises the work of Home-Start Sheffield , The Sheffield Star, 11th October 2011
Start Up Guide for Parents. Family Matters feature, The Sheffield Star 22nd September 2011.
The Stanage Stumble, our annual sponsored walk. The Sheffield Star 3rd May 2011
Family Matters Feature. The Sheffield Star, 31st March 2011
Parenting lifeline on a knife-edge. The Sheffield Star, 6 January 2011, 2 page article by Jo Davidson